The first day of summer is right around the corner, but we’re still firmly in the throes of spring cleaning season. Perhaps you’ve already completed a full sweep of your home, eliminating lurking germs and leaving you with a sparkling kitchen, bedroom, and bathrooms. But have you looked beyond your home and considered the other spaces in your life that may harbor dirt and grime, such as your car, your office, and any outdoor areas? Use the spring cleaning ideas below for help.
Spring Cleaning Ideas Beyond the Home
Cleaning Your Backyard
Now that you’ve cleaned, organized, and disinfected the inside of your home, it’s time to turn to the outside. You can tackle several routine home maintenance tasks during your spring cleaning session – for example, cleaning out outbuildings and sheds, cleaning your gutters, and sweeping your patio. You might also consider cleaning and inspecting any fire features in your backyard entertainment zone. Grills and fire pits often amass grime, which can be a safety hazard. This is also a great time to spruce up your outdoor space before a summer full of backyard barbecues.
Cleaning the Office
Spring cleaning at the office is often the responsibility of custodial crews. Still, while they’re handling public spaces, take the opportunity to go through your own desk or cubicle. Start by cleaning out and organizing your desk drawers. Then, spray down your keyboard, clean your computer screen, and wipe down the surface of your desk with a disinfecting product. If you’d like to take things a step further, try these office spring cleaning ideas:
- Throw out any unnecessary paper taking up space on your desk. Organize important documents using folders or binders.
- Organize your computer desktop and digital filing system, throwing any unnecessary downloads or files in the trash.
- Throw out anything you don’t need, like broken pens, used notebooks, stray paper clips, and knick-knacks.
- Use storage containers to organize small supplies like staples, paper clips, and binder clips.
- Check with your employer to see if you can use the original SafeSpace® Disinfectant Germ Fogger to kick any residual office germs to the curb.
Cleaning Your Wheels
It’s nearly our favorite time of year: road-trip season. Whether you’re heading out for the great American road-trip or just taking the family RV out for a spin, make sure to get your spring cleaning taken care of early. Get started with these ideas for your vehicle:
- Give your car’s exterior a thorough washing and waxing. You can take your car to a professional to accomplish this or do it yourself with a store-bought wax. Wax doesn’t just add a shiny aesthetic to your car; it also acts as a paint protector to keep your car’s exterior looking great.
- If you live in a place with heavy winters, make sure to replace your winter tires with your all-season tires.
- Clean your car’s headlights and mirrors with a glass spray.
- Clean out your car’s interior, including under seats and in the trunk where gunk can gather. Make sure to vacuum out the interior to get rid of dirt, dust, and grime. You can also tackle unwelcome smells and reduce the number of germs with our Auto Germ and Odor Eliminator.
- Check under the hood for gunk or debris, which can harm your car’s engine.
- While you’re at it, extend your spring cleaning to any other vehicles you own. Spruce up your RV, hose down your boat, and give your bike chain a fresh coat of oil.
Spring cleaning season is a great time to organize your life before diving into summer fun. Make sure to implement spring cleaning ideas outside of the home to keep your family safe, healthy, and germ-free all summer long.
The SafeSpace Company is a family-owned small business proudly selling American-made Alcohol-Free Hand Sanitizers to keep you safe and healthy long after spring cleaning season. To keep germs at bay year-round, stock up on germ-fighting essentials like the original SafeSpace® Disinfectant Germ Fogger (since 2005). You might also be interested in our Germ Fighter Kit, which includes our Alcohol-Free Hand Sanitizer, Germ Fogger, and Auto Germ and Odor Eliminator to keep all surfaces germ-free. For more information about SafeSpace, contact us online or call us toll-free at 1-800-735-2506.
Copyright SafeSpace Company 2019